Mobility Support – for osteoarthritis and other causes of declining mobility
Pet-owners often ascribe mobility issues to old-age – “he’s just getting older”; however, a decline or change in mobility is often due to, or accompanied by, pain.
Does your dog
– seem stiff and have difficulty getting up after rest?
– hesitate or struggle to go up or down stairs (or ‘bunny-hop’ on stairs)?
– lag behind on walks?
– limp or drag one of the legs?
Does your cat
– struggle to get up on surfaces (bed, couch, tables) as he/she once did?
– use the frontlegs to get up on furniture, rather than jump up?
– walk slowly with a hunched back?
– not allow his/her back or tail-base to be stroked?
– not groom him/herself as well as previously?
– not want to use the litter tray anymore?
If your pet’s mobility or walking/posturing habits has changed, this could signify osteoarthritis or another mobility issue. Mobility decline affect daily activities and quality of life of both pet and owner-caregiver.
Did you know that there are a wide range of options (medical and non-medical) to improve mobility and quality of life for your pet?
Our Osteoarthritis – Mobility Consultation is a 60 minute consultation where we assess your pet’s mobility, the daily activity routine, the current care plan and medications (if applicable), your home lay-out / where your pet has access to in your home, then discuss the multimodal options available (medical and non-medical) to improve your pet’s mobility and/or enhance his/her quality of life, and then implement a strategy to suit you and your pet’s circumstances.
(If your pet has other issues beyond mobility issues, then a 90 minute consultation may be required)